Wednesday, December 2, 2015

CE 3.3

1. The goals that Mike Zuckerberg and his wife are "advancing human potential and promoting equality."

2. The three major reasons why the state is giving $130 million to Pre-K are to go toward small size classes, teacher training, and full-day schooling.

3. The new condo will be 58 stories high and will be significant because it'll become the tallest tower in Austin.

4. In the next 7 years, David Price will make $217 million dollars.

5. No, I wouldn't eat Texas Trash because the ingredients don't seem appetizing to me.

Short Answer:

Homeboy Industries is an organization that works to give second chances to former gang members and people that just got out of prison that want to change their lives. This story was a really compelling story to read because the whole idea of the organization makes me really happy and grateful for people that have the ability to change lives. This man, who had an awful life, had a breaking point and decided to change his life, despite the change and struggle. The story is so emotionally put together that held my attention throughout the entire story. I thought that this story was very impacting, not only for the organization, but with Javier Medina's story. I could almost feel Medina's emotions and happiness and gratefulness coming through to me with the words he spoke, and since I've been working with quotes a lot, I really, really liked how personal the quotes were. I really liked this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment