Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Welcome Back Assignment

I really like this picture because of the way the fish frame the diver and just the flow of the picture that is created by the fish movement is really eye-catching. I can totally see why this picture was picked for the National Geographic 2015 Photo Winners.

In this second picture, I really like the detail of the zebra's eye and how the focus is adjusted. The bold black and white stripes really caught my attention. I think this picture was well suited for a photo winner of 2015 because of the amazing quality that was shot from a moving, wild animal, which makes me realize how hard it must have been to get a good shot of this zebra. Amazing.

In this 2015 photo winner, I instantly fell in love with the beauty in this picture. The mountains are surreal and the way that there is a soft glow coming from the village against the cold mountains is remarkable. It almost contrasts the warmth with the cold. Everything about this picture is amazing.

PART 2

1. In my opinion, the best song of 2015 was Hello by Adele.

In my opinion, this song was the best of 2015, even though it ranked 6th of the year. This song is very powerful, and one of the few songs that didn't get old after a few plays on the radio. That said, this song streamed on just about every radio station multiple times per day. There have been parodies linked with Hello, such as SNL's skit where they incorporated the ever so popular "Sephia" effect, which was very entertaining. Overall, Adele is a very talented singer that wrote about something worth listening to.

2. In my opinion, the best movie of 2015 (that I've seen) was Inside Out.

Inside Out is a very put together, family movie that many ages enjoy. Everyone that I talked to liked the movie, including teenagers, kids, and even adults. The wave of emotions that people got from watching this friendly movie were indescribable. This movie deserves to be ranked as number 2 in the best movies of 2015 because of the well thought out plot. There are cute connections such as how dreams are made to old imaginary friends and where they end up. This movie brought a laughter and smiles, but also a few tears. Inside Out was a very good movie.

3. The biggest news story in 2015 was definitely the Paris attacks.

The attacks in Paris were very extreme and affected not only the people in France but in the United States (& other countries) as well. This event caused social media sites to show their support. There were posts and comments with key words that would offer shelter to those who were affected directly. Like this picture I found, we are not afraid, we are prepared, and we are strong.

4. The most important person of 2015, in my opinion, is Caitlyn Jenner.

In 2015, former Bruce Jenner came out as transgender, becoming Caitlyn Jenner. This was a big deal to many people, one because of the popularity that the Jenners have and two, because of how hidden this identity had been. Because of Caitlyn's transformation, this changed the way people saw the LGBT community and raised equality for them and people struggling with gender identity.

5. One very popular entertainment story of 2015, in my opinion, is Nicki Minaj calling out Miley Cyrus at the MTV Video Music awards.

At the MTV Video Music awards, Minaj called out Cyrus, saying "Miley what's good?". This was a huge deal to the younger generation and especially on social media. To have one celebrity calling out another in a public event was talked about for a very long time. Social media exploded with videos of Cyrus' reaction and how the situation panned out.

PART 3

1. Over the holiday break, my family spent Christmas together and it was hilarious. We all joked around as we sipped hot cocoa (& coffee of course) as we opened presents under the christmas tree. It was really fun just to sit in our pajamas and laugh at stupid things we did. :)

2. My resolutions for 2016 are for one, is to not be late for basically everything. I tend to be late to just about everything and I really want to change that. Another resolution is to get in the habit of running more to prepare for the next year cross country season.

3. In 2016, I am definitely looking forward to learning how to drive and getting my license later in the year. Also, I'm looking forward to the warm weather again :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment