Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Additional Student of the Month Interview

Source #2: Teachers

Questions and Answers (in blue)

Name: Mrs. Spencer

1. Why did you choose this student to be Student of the Month?
This student showed exceptional qualities and was very involved in school activities. He was overall a very good student.
2. Who decides Student of the Month?
The teachers decide the Student of the Month; we write recommendations and submit them for a vote.
3. How do you announce the Student of the Month?
We pull the student out of their class and give them an award that explains why they got the award.
4. What effect does Student of the Month have on the other students?
 I feel like having a Student of the Month really encourages other students to get more involved in their school and try their hardest both in academics and extracurriculars.
5. What is the purpose of Student of the Month?
Our goal is to try and get more students to excel in their academics and extracurriculars. More positivity and hard work is important in a good education.

Source #3: Former Students of the Month.

Name: Mikayla James, 12th grade
1. What was it like when you were Student of the Month?
Being the Student of the Month was an awesome experience. I got to eat lunch with the principals, which was actually really fun, and more people recognized and congratulated me.
2. What can a student do to have a better chance at becoming Student of the Month?
Get more involved and have a better personality. Those characteristics really stand out over those who don't.
3. Why were you chosen as the Student of the Month?
When I was chosen during my Junior year, I was in just about every club or sport - soccer, volleyball, yearbook, art club, and National Honor Society. However, I don't think that's the main reason why I won. My friend also got picked, and she wasn't as involved as me, but she was always happy and participated regularly in school.
4. How did you react when you were picked as Student of the Month?
When I found out that I had been picked, I danced around a little bit.. I know it sounds weird, but I was really excited; I wanted this award so much.
5. How does having a Student of the Month change the school's reputation?
I feel like having a Student of the Month makes the school look more involved. It shows that the students here care about how they represent themselves and their education is important to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment