Friday, September 11, 2015

Current Event 1.2

1. A typical homeowner will save $14.

2. Two similarities: 1. The human-like creature walked upright like a human and had hands and feet like humans. 2. The creature must have found a way to create artificial light using a torch, which is more than the mental capacity of any other creature not like a human would've been able to accomplish.

3. I think that Ben Lecomte has good intentions for swimming across the Pacfic Ocean, but it sounds a bit extreme. There are many dangers in the ocean that he is exposing himself to, and I don't think it's smart on his part.

4. Two things available: camera improvements and new sensors that enable quicker access to different settings and options.

5. Although the flying car sounds nice, I would rather own the smart clothing, because I feel like it would be of more use to me and it would most likely be cheaper than a flying car. I think that the Solar Power phone case is the coolest, because it doesn't look too bulky, it protects your phone, and charges it without a battery.

Short Answer:

I do think that Chacon got the money he deserved. He was badly beaten up by an officer, which is not okay, especially when the officer didn't have a very good reason for doing so. I think that just being a shady person isn't a crime, especially if they aren't breaking the law or hurting anyone. Then for an officer to hurt them over that and end up costing the officer lots of money is a fair reward for the shady person. They didn't have any lawful reason to be beaten up for it, and they shouldn't have to take the hit for just acting weird. Yes, I believe that Chacon deserved that money. I think that the maximum amount a person should be granted for not being killed in an incident like this one should be capped at $100,000 because although their life wasn't taken from them, they still got hurt, and medical bills are expensive. There was also the cost of emotional distress. I think that the right amount of money that a family should be granted if someone is killed is around $1 million. I know that money is nothing compared to the life of a person, but this person is was killed for unnecessary reasons. I think that we're seeing more of this today because officers think they can get away with this kind of stuff, being in more power than the average citizen, etc. They are abusing their power and that needs to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment