Tuesday, April 5, 2016

CE 5.3

1. AISD and the City of Austin are working together to keep more money in the Austin community for schools by swapping the taxes, which would save the district from having to pay $11 million to the state.
2. It will take about 6 years, until 2022, to raise the minimum wage to $15 in California and New York.
3. The North Carolina Wildcats won the NCAA Men's basketball tournament last night with a score of 77-74.
4. I want to go to New Zealand because of the scenery, and I have always wanted to walk on a black sand beach, and New Zealand has one.
5. Personally, I don't like the videos expanding from 15 seconds to one minute. I think Instagram should stick to pictures, with small inserts of videos when it's really necessary. There are other apps that will support longer videos... Most times, the videos slow down my phone and the app while scrolling, so for the videos to get longer, the lag will get longer as well.

Short Answer:

The major candidates left in the races are: for the Republicans, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, and for the Democrats, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders. Overall, I would choose to vote for Bernie Sanders. Even though everyone is turned off by the taxes - which isn't a good thing- , but all of the other candidates have much worse flaws. I really don't want either of the Republicans to win because Cruz, in my opinion, is worse than Trump. He is basically a religious extremist, and that would not go over well with any of our country's beliefs. Trump is awful too; he's sexist, wants to build walls around the country, and banish muslims. Who does that? And as for Hillary, I wouldn't mind if she were president, but to be honest, I don't trust her. I do feel that she would keep the country stable though. Throughout this election, I feel that the country is definitely becoming more divided. These candidates have such different beliefs, and the supporters with them feel so strongly toward what these candidates are saying. There is definitely a separation between the Trump supporters and those who hate Trump... there's no in between. What concerns me most about this election is definitely the Republican party. I don't know what I would do if either of them won the election... I don't feel safe having a sexist, racist, and super rude president. The major topics in this election that are driving the candidates to say what they are saying is taxes, abortion, immigration, the environment, specifically oil, and terrorism policies. To me, the most important topics are terrorism policies and immigration. Trump was saying how he wanted to build a wall around our country to keep illegal immigrants out, which, honestly, is appalling to me. What country, especially the Land of the Free, has a massive WAll around it? None. Also, immigration has been such a big part of our country, and for someone to completely shut it off would be an outrage to many americans. Also, the terrorism situations are very sensitive and a delicate topic, so for candidates (esp Trump and Cruz) not to take them seriously, would risk our entire country.

No comments:

Post a Comment