Thursday, April 21, 2016

CE 6.1

1. Harriet Tubman is replacing Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.
2. The Texas teachers union is suing the head of the state education agency over a new evaluation system tying teachers' scores to the students' scores on specialized tests.
3. 8 people have died in the Houston floods.
4. The subject matter is algae.
5. 4 of the 6 ways to change the look of your room is to change the layout, paint your room a different color, get window treatments, and get new rugs that work well with your room.

Short Answers:

When I heard about this story, I was appalled. How could people know about this lead contamination,  and instead of fixing the issue with some expenses, simply cover it up? Who does that? I heard about this incident in my geography class earlier this year when we watched a video regarding it, so I already know about it. The video showed a new aspect of the situation by helping me see the water after it was affected, which made the problem seem worse. I think that the people who knew about the contamination should definitely be fined, or punished of some sort. They shouldn't be able to poison people, knowing that they're doing so, and get away without punishment. I think that's just wrong on so many levels. Since children were affected, I think the consequence should be stronger as well. In my opinion, everyone involved in the incident should be punished, title or not. If the governor or other high-title people knew about the situation, that's almost worse, because they have the power to change the situation for the better. For them not to do that definitely deserves a consequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment