Friday, October 23, 2015

CE 2.2

1. The two potential causes of the Hidden Pines fire in Bastrop are one, an intentionally set burn pile and two, an overheating shredder.

2. Alan Glukian was nominated for a music educators award because SaulPaul was impressed with how he interacted with students, he had a great passion for it, and went above and beyond to keep the program running.

3. The favorite to win the F1 race is Lewis Hamilton.

4. 3 types of apples mentioned in the article are Ginger Golds, Honeycrisp, and Jonagold.

5. Out of the 8 items mentioned, I would definitely splurge on good dark chocolate.

Short Answer:

Yes, I've considered buying a textbook to compensate for the digital version available to me. Some of the online textbooks take a long time to get to, or make it really hard to find the page I need in order to complete my work in time. Not having a textbook has actually hurt my grades. One time, I was required to complete a review for a test, and a portion of it was on the online textbook. I tried to access the textbook for around an hour and a half, with no luck, so both my grade was docked and time was wasted. No, I don't think going all digital has been a good decision, although it is more convenient in certain situations. Sometimes the server is down or I don't have access to an online source, so I can't complete my work in time. I do believe that this trend will continue in the United States, because of the advancement of technology and the familiarity and access to everything technology. I think that schools and districts decided to do away with textbooks because it was a hassle to give all the students their own hard copy of a textbook, and they think the new system would be more efficient and easier to access and complete assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment