Wednesday, March 2, 2016

CE 5.1

1. The top 2 candidates in the Texas Primaries for the Republicans are Cruz with 41% and Trump with 28%. For the Democrats, the top 2 candidates are Clinton with 68% and Sanders with 31%.
2. 1,090 students will benefit from the one million dollar donation from the couple.
3. The $20 million raised will go towards supporting the "AeroVanc Phase 3 trial and expand the pipeline with other new drugs for serious and life-shortening rare respiratory diseases".
4. I think that out of the four streaming titles, I'd prefer to watch "Before We Go" because it sounds really cute and heartfelt.
5. For the girls UT basketball game, the Baylor Bears beat the UT girls 74-48. The UT boys lost against Kansas Jayhawks 67-37.

Short Answer:
Despite losing some privacy, I do believe that Apple should create a backdoor to information stored on iPhones because if them accessing certain information will keep my country safe, I think that it is the right decision. In a way, I'm kind of split between whether or not I personally like this idea of a backdoor however. Just the idea that someone can access all my information stored on my phone easily, that in a way terrifies me. In the more broad view regarding terrorist attacks, etc., I think that I will be able to bypass the unusual feeling. Of course I wouldn't want anyone to access all of my information if they were to take my phone. If they did do that, what kind of privacy do I really have? I suppose my perspective regarding the backdoor to all my information has left me torn between whether or not I support it.. I do think that national security is a good enough reason to access that kind of information because I believe in protecting our country and keeping as many people safe as we can. If that means losing part of my privacy, I suppose I can get past that for the safety of my country. My parents do check my social media accounts, etc., but it's not a huge deal in my family. My mom isn't constantly checking to see what I post, but she is following me on a few of my accounts, so she can see if she were to open the app (Instagram for example). She has checked my phone's text messages a few times -- which annoyed me as I was having a conversation with my friends and felt it was unnecessary. I do believe that parents should check some social media for their kids every once and a while, just to make sure the kid isn't being disrespectful or inappropriate online. This doesn't mean that the parent should be strict about it, however. I feel that some parents restrict so much of what the kids do, that when they go online, they don't have much to show of their personality, etc. In general, I believe that an exposure to technology comes at different ages. Watching movies or playing a few apps for a short period of time can start at age 6 or so, but the time spent online would be restricted to only certain occasions. I think that an appropriate age to get a phone is around middle school, so age 12. I mostly think this age just because of safety reasons and the child is growing up and wants to communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment